migration of a non denaturant PAGE

Tue Jul 10 18:36:00 EST 2001

Stefi~ <xxxgifalone at tin.it> wrote:

:I have two proteins with very similar mol weight (and very similar
:(but not
:identical!) pI. When I do a SDS-PAGE and blotting I find bands at the same
:position. As my antibodies are not very specific, I'd like to use blotting
:on a non denaturant PAGE, hoping I'll have different migration. What do u
:think?
:

I think the resolution is obviously possible but crucially
dependant on electrophoresis conditions (pH, pI of your protein,
buffer system, etc). But if you are very lucky you might get
acceptable results in a regular "Lemmli" format with just
omitting SDS from everything.

        - Dima