Housekeeping Genes

Chris Herbert C.W.Herbert at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Jul 12 08:19:31 EST 2001

Hi there.

    I am currently carrying out some Real-Time PCR experiments (using a
Roche Lightcycler) on tumour and non-tumour tissue samples. This is a very
sensitive technique and I am currently having trouble identifying a reliable
housekeeping genes to use as an internal standards for these experiments.  I
am reluctant to use GAPDH because it has been suggested recently that levels
of GAPDH can vary in times of cellular stress.

Can anybody suggest other housekeeping genes that I can use?

Many thanks for your help.

Chris.