TAMRA as reporter in realtime-PCR

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 12 07:46:07 EST 2001

In article <9ii9mh$htm$1 at news.online.de>, the eminent Bodychecker at 1&1
Internet AG wrote
>anybody experience with low (or no) fluorescence signal in TAQMAN-PCR with
>5' Tamra and 3' black hole quencher-2 labelled probes or other probes (like
>molecular beacons) using TAMRA as reporter dye (NOT as quencher, as
>frequently used)?
>
>We have two TAQMAN probes that work fine when labelled with FAM as reporter.
>Replacing this probe with the 5'TAMRA/3'blackholequencher-2 combination only
>gives 'background signals' (nothing comparable to normal amplification
>plots). We already titrated different concentrations of the probe, which did
>not help.
>
>I would be especially interested if this may be due to a low fluorescence of
>the TAMRA dye in general.

Ask Oswel/Eurogentec as I know they have customers using TAMRA Taqman
probes without too much trouble. Alternatively ask on the 7700 users
listserv.

Duncan
--
Homogeneous Fluorescent Reporting Systems for Real-Time Quantitative PCR:

Optimisation, Probe Technology & Future Systems

4-5 September 2001
King Alfred's College, Winchester, UK

http://www.dera.gov.uk/html/news/events/real_time_quantitative_pcr.htm