Ethidium bromide

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 13 09:09:23 EST 2001

I think some of the methods involving chlorine bleach have regained favor
once again.  There are specific protocols out there with respect to how
much bleach is required etc.

Again, some of these questions might be best addressed by local authories,
since disposal guidelines might vary with locality.

Mike

>you don't need to do all that.  We never much bother about the used water,
>let alone running it through binding columns.  Just dump it into the nearest
>drain.  If you need to deactivate Ethbr, just incinerate the solution.. or
>boil it.  It is very sensitive to heat.
>   bye
>jakku

---