Ethidium bromide

Bruno Cenni bruno.removethis.cenni at removethis.insel.ch
Wed Jul 18 01:12:08 EST 2001

...untreated sleeping sickness kills. And since there (still) are no really
good/safe drugs for its treatment, drugs that work in 90% of the patients
but lead to severe (ie deadly) complications in 10% are still used (that's
for melarsoprol an organo-arsenic compound, not EtBr). Now, if you're NOT
affected by sleeping sickness you may not want to take that risk...

We used EtBr to differentiate apoptotic/necrotic/live unfixed cells in the
microscope, those with an intact cell membrane won't stain with EtBr because
it's charged and won't enter...

Bruno

news:3b544827$1 at news.uia.ac.be...