Gel purification ligation problem- Darkreader

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 19 10:10:04 EST 2001

In article <3B56F1B3.8387547A at bms.com>, the eminent Cindy Dunaj at
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company wrote
>Has anyone actually used the darkreader?  Can it be used under normal light
>conditions (i.e. benchtop in the lab).
>
>Cindy Dunaj

I had one in for a few days on demonstration. Darned expensive in the
UK! However it did work well and can be used under normal light.

For those of you into making your own bits and pieces, where allowed!
It's actually two 5 or 7W 250V blue fluorescent tubes and appropriate
coloured perspex. The perspex is a problem as my local perspex house
could not locate me translucent perspex of the correct wavelength range.
Even ICI couldn't out of all their sample range so my guess is that is
purpose made perspex, both orange and the blue.

Duncan

--
It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really
quite busy.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.
Tel. +44 (0) 1252376288