clean hamilton 0.2mm syringae

David L Haviland David.L.Haviland at uth.tmc.edu
Fri Jul 20 12:30:50 EST 2001

Hi:

For cleaning Hamilton syringes I always used a combination of 4
solutions.  1) DDH20, 2) 2% SDS, 3) 70% EtOH, and 4) Acetone.
Go from 1 to 2, back to 1, then to 3, and finally 4, pulling about 10
mls through each time.  Use a 200ul pipette tip that is cut off that
leads to an aspirator and stick the narrow end in the back of the
Hamilton.  Clean the plunger by dipping in the four solutions and
wiping down each time.

As a result, I've never lost a Hamilton this way and have been able
to "re-claim" a few from the destiny of the trash can!!

Hope this helps,
David

David L. Haviland, Ph.D., Asst. Prof. Immunology
University of Texas - Houston, H.S.C.
Institute of Molecular Medicine, R907
2121 W. Holcombe Blvd.,  Houston, TX  77030
713.500.2413-Voice//713.500.2424-FAX
If everything seems to be going so well, you have obviously
overlooked something.