sodium tetraborate as transferbuffer

Frank O. Fackelmayer Frank at Fackelmayer.de
Tue Jul 24 04:34:52 EST 2001

Borax wrote:

> hello everybody!
>
> i want to use sodium tetraborate as transferbuffer for sds-free western
> blotting. but i don't know which molarity i've to use and if this buffer is
> suitable for semidry and tank blotting.

i haven´t tried it, but I´d guess that at least in tank blotting
standard TBE buffer (as used for agarose gels) should do the job.
Possibly it is a good idea to put membranes on both sides of the gel, as
your protein might run in the opposite direction under non-SDS conditions.

Frank