sodium tetraborate as transferbuffer

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu
Tue Jul 24 10:01:33 EST 2001

In <3B5D413C.D5BBF547 at Fackelmayer.de>, Frank O. Fackelmayer
wrote:

>Borax wrote:
>>
>> hello everybody!
>>
>> i want to use sodium tetraborate as transferbuffer for sds-free western
>> blotting. but i don't know which molarity i've to use and if this buffer is
>> suitable for semidry and tank blotting.
>>

>i haven´t tried it, but I´d guess that at least in tank blotting
>standard TBE buffer (as used for agarose gels) should do the job.
[...]

I've used TBE to electoblot nucleotides to nylon from a PAGE gel before,
but I had to drop the concentration to 1/2X, beause it used a lot of current
in a tank blot.

For the original poster (post didn't show up on my newsreader), what is
running buffer for your gel? Can you just use that?

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu