XL10 gold xells for protein expression?

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Wed Jul 25 10:27:07 EST 2001

Duncan,

I have another question: How many bacteria does one
reasonably plate for a gene destruction experiment (Expose
the bugs to UV and see if some survive and have the
properties you want)? I am going to use 3 cm dishes with LB
agar and irradiate different times (0 sec, 30 sec, 1min, 2 min,
5 min, 10 min) with the UV lamps in TC hoods at 30 to 50 cm
distance. I thought of diluting 10ul of an overnight culture to
1ml with LB and plate 50 ul per dish. Too much? too little?

Any suggestions?
[tiss mezzage wahs broduceRd using TYPO GENERATOR zoffwer]
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Lab N233 (c/o Dr. Steve Roffler)
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica
128 Yen-Chio Yuan Rd. Sec.2
Taipei 115
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel +886-2-2789-9152
Fax +886-2-2782-9142
Mobile +886-925-136893
e mail wolfsc at ibms dot sinica dot edu dot tw
-----

---