Frozen Electrocompetent Yeast, anyone?

hroychow at nmsu.edu hroychow at nmsu.edu
Wed Jul 25 17:05:01 EST 2001

Does anybody have any protocol that allows S. cerevisiae to be frozen
after the cells have been rendered electrocompetent? ... You know, like
the E.coli cells. I have not been able to locate any protocol that allows
for that luxury.

Thanks in advance

Hiranya.

PS. BTW, there is this nasty "worm" that somehow infected my PC, and is
now sending out random mailings from my computer, apparently with a large
txt attachment having a long name and a weird doc.pif.xls.com., etc
extension. I had been warned before, but that didn't prevent my PC from
getting infected. I think it was because the Eudora downloads the
attachment automatically. I was made aware of the problem by "returned
mails" and a notice of quarantine by another administrator. So, the worm
is actually mailing out to random addresses via the newsgroups that I am
subsribed at. I am not sure how to get rid of this "worm" and would
appreciate any help.

Dr, Hiranya S. Roychowdhury,
Molecular Biology Program,
Dept of Chemistry & Biochemistry,