dot blot without phenol/chlorof extraction and precipitation?

Jochen jochen at iigb.na.cnr.it
Thu Jul 26 08:09:34 EST 2001

i'm going to do a DNase digestion of my RNA samples after which i
would like to load them directly on a nylon membrane (hybond N+)
using a dot blot apparatus. I would like to ommit phenol/chloroform
extraction and ethanol precipitation, because I have many samples and
for reasons of subsequent quantification I don't want to introduce
any further potential differences.

If someone has done something similar or could tell why i shouldn't
do it, i would appreciate it very much.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Joc

---