shipping paraffin-embedded tissue from USA to Europe

Tim Spahlinger txs at po.cwru.edu
Mon Jul 30 07:37:04 EST 2001

International transport of hazardous material is tightly
regulated by international convention.  Dry ice, believe it
or not, is considered to be a hazardous material.  I'm sorry
that I can't help you with the necessary permits (I think
you'll have to inquire the FDA and CDC yourself in this
regard).  However, a Canadian company called Saf-T-Pak
provides shipping containers, forms and training for
hazardous shipments.  Their URL is:
http://www.saftpak.com/.  A visit there might help you out.