In situ hybridization question

Phyllis Mann phyllis.mann at tufts.edu
Fri Jun 1 13:43:35 EST 2001

Thanks for the reply, Peter.

The emulsion is at 42 degrees C, which is supposed to be the optimal
temperature.  I guess it is possible that with the constant dipping of slides,
the emulsion doesn't stay at that temperature even though I keep the dipping
container in a 42 C water bath.  I'll check that out next time.

I do use dessicant in the slide boxes and I let the boxes come to room
temperature at least 2 hours before I develop.

I had heard that the fix "clears" the slides.  I guess I could leave them in
longer in the fix but most people seem to think that 5 minutes is enough.

Thanks again for your suggestions,

Phyllis

--
Phyllis E. Mann, Ph.D.