Fw: nonradioactive overgo labelling

Georg Otto otto at molgix.molgen.mpg.de
Tue Jun 5 10:58:17 EST 2001

Hi Deanne,

overgo probes are two oligonucleotides with a complementary 3-prime overlap.
The probes are labelled using a Klenow polymerase fill in reaction with
radioactive nucleotides.
See also for a better explanation:

www.tree.caltech.edu/protocols/overgo.html

It gives very good and specific hybridisation probes. But for increasing
throughput, one might think of doing it nonradioactive, e.g. with DIG
labelled nucleotides. I just wonder if anybody has experiences with that.

Georg