protein quantification

Henk Veldman H.Veldman-2 at
Thu Jun 7 01:50:47 EST 2001

Rajendranks schreef:

> Hi,
>         I would like to know if there is any protein quantification assay
> that uses very little volume of protein for example 10 ul. Can any one
> suggest me one. Thanks

Most protein assays (Bradford, Lowry) can be done in microtiter plates with
as little as 5 - 10 ul of sample. Of course the protein concentration should
still be within the range of the method  (if necessary after diluting), say
somewhere around  0,1 mg/ml for Bradford or 1 mg/ml for Lowry.

H. Veldman
Laboratory for Experimental Neurology (NMZ)
University Medical Center Utrecht (AZU)