epitope tags and their antibodies - favorite combos?

Heide Küpers hekueper at viro.med.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Jun 11 10:30:38 EST 2001

I did a lot of western blotting with 6xhis-tagged proteins using the
QIAGEN mouse-anti-Penta-his Ab. This worked fine with a number of
proteins expressed in bacteria and the few proteins that I expressed in
eukaryotic cells (293T). I diluted the anti-his 1:2000 to 1:3000 in 3%
BSA/TBS. It is extremely important to use the kind of TBS which is
suggested by QIAGEN.
You can also purify your his-tagged protein using Ni-NTA under native or
denaturing conditions.
Have fun with your protein, Heide.