Protein extraction question.

VoiD legatek at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Tue Jun 12 09:36:57 EST 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Dima Klenchin wrote:

> jul2 at pitt.edu wrote:
>
> :I have my proteins in the lysis buffer which contains triton.
> :If I need to extract my proteins using TCA procedure, will
> :the triton go with the proteins?
>
> Isn't this a two minutes experiment (triton solution + TCA)?
> I did it long ago and AFAIR a white precipitate forms.

Correct. However the subsequent wash with ethanol:ether seems to remove
the detergent, leaving the protein behind.

Kyle Legate  (legatek at mcmaster.ca)
Tower of Tongues -- 10:30-11:30 Thursday nights on 93.3 CFMU
                    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
                    Experimental radio touched by the hand of Maldoror
		    live webcast: http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca