E. coli preservation

Fri Jun 15 22:00:59 EST 2001

Jim Kami <jakami at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

:I'd like to try lyophylization, but I'm a bit nervous about cross
:contamination in the 384 well we're using. Does anyone know if there exists a
:..2 um filter sheet that could be fixed to the plate before applying vacuum ?

I've seen somewhere (recent Biotechniques?) an ad for
a "breathable" plate sealing film. They say it prevents
spils and cross-contamination, yet is well permeable
for gases. If true, sounds like exactly what you are
looking for.

IMO, lyophylization should work. At least some bugs
will survive.

        - Dima