cloning of PCR products - errors?

Richard P. Grant rpg14 at yahoo.co.uk.invalid
Mon Jun 18 06:16:12 EST 2001

In article <jp9d782uk05.fsf at sirppi.helsinki.fi>,
 Kristo K M Kulju <kulju at sirppi.helsinki.fi> wrote:

> There is lot of publications about PCR
> errors but what about cloning procedure? Is is considered to be
> practically "error free"?

Yes.  That's why it's called 'cloning'.

You could get errors at the ligation sites if you were dead unlucky (but
it probably wouldn't clone anyway) and any bug that manages to introduce
errors into a 3 kb plasmid during replication has serious problems . . .

--
Richard P. Grant  0x5F9559B1                      MRC Lab of Mol Biol
   Twinkle, twinkle little star, I don't wonder what you are;