E. coli preservation

Tim Spahlinger txs at po.cwru.edu
Tue Jun 19 13:28:11 EST 2001

Not to belabor the point, but I just happen to have found
Sambrook's and Russell's procedures for Storage of Bacterial
Cultures in "Molecular Cloning", Third Edition, page A8.5
(appendix 8).  (I also needed to do some storage, so I
looked them up!).  They don't give a relative time limit for
the storage of stab cultures.

By their methods, a final concentration (v/v) of 15%
glycerol seems sufficient for long term storage of the bugs.