"Pfx" DNA pol...

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 04:31:04 EST 2001

In article <rhubner-8B8DE9.10233620062001 at news.uia.ac.be>, the eminent
Roland Hübner at Lab. of Pathology, University of Antwerpen wrote
> local reps try to hide (similar to "rTth XL" years ago) whether "Pfx"
>is actually a blend of pols...

>From Google.

Pfx DNA Polymerase is a highly thermostable recombinant DNA polymerase
derived from Pyrococcus sp. strain KOD i.e. no blend.

Pyrococcus sp. KOD has now been re-assigned taxonomically as a
Thermococcus sp. KOD. Polymerase aa sequence is very very similar to
9N7, as was sold by NEB.

> How many bands did you see on SDS/PAGE?
>
> While we are here: what organism does "Tgo" DNA pol come from?

Thermococcus gorgonarius - typing in Tgo polymerase in Google gives
loads of info!

Just to add to the info. Turbo Pfu is Pfu plus accessory polymerase
enhancing factors i.e. two other proteins. US Patent just granted to
Stratagene.

Duncan
--
It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really
quite busy.

Dr. Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.
Tel. +44 (0) 1252376288