"Pfx" DNA pol...

Roland Hübner rhubner at gins.uia.ac.be
Wed Jun 20 07:47:14 EST 2001

> From Google.
>
> Pfx DNA Polymerase is a highly thermostable recombinant DNA polymerase
> derived from Pyrococcus sp. strain KOD i.e. no blend.
>
> Pyrococcus sp. KOD has now been re-assigned taxonomically as a
> Thermococcus sp. KOD. Polymerase aa sequence is very very similar to
> 9N7, as was sold by NEB.
>

> > How many bands did you see on SDS/PAGE?
> >
> > While we are here: what organism does "Tgo" DNA pol come from?
>
> Thermococcus gorgonarius - typing in Tgo polymerase in Google gives
> loads of info!
>
> Just to add to the info. Turbo Pfu is Pfu plus accessory polymerase
> enhancing factors i.e. two other proteins. US Patent just granted to
> Stratagene.
>
> Duncan

 Thank you very much Duncan... I promise to do my homework better next
time [well, I "forgot" to include the word polymerase in my quick
searches...]

 I seem to recall that this 9N7 pol wasn't as Hifi as advertized for
KOD, right?

 Rxn buffer should be included for the SDS/PAGE check  ;^)

Best wishes,
 Roland