Best plant RNA kit?

Lauri Lintott llintott at home.net
Thu Jun 21 22:33:46 EST 2001

I too would vote for the trizol method.  I am using it for potato leaves
and I get about 40 - 50 ug of RNA from 80 mg of tissue.   I use the
extra steps recomended by GIBCO-BRL  for tissues with high carbohydrates
(ie. an additional centrifugation step at the beginning, and
precipitating in high salt).

Lauri Lintott
Agriculture and Agri-food Canada
Lethbridge, Alberta