E.coli lysis no enzyme damage

Emir Khatipov ekhatipo at NOSPAMmidway.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 1 12:40:58 EST 2001

I would freeze induced E.coli cell pellet at -80 to store, and when needed
thaw the pellet, add buffer with protease inhibitors, lysozyme and DNAse I
(~<10U/ml), freeze thaw the suspension couple of times. After
freeze/thawing, I would sonicate the lysates real quick (1 x 15 sec; that
would kill DNAse I by the way), and spin down debris. Make sure no foam is
formed during sonication.

Emir

news:97lisd$ssd$1 at rzsun03.rrz.uni-hamburg.de...