RNA markers

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 2 08:55:02 EST 2001

In article <38BBCF22.3F8C237E at imb.usal.es>, the eminent rosa at
BIOSCI/MRC Human Genome Mapping Project Resource Centre wrote
>Please, I need to know if when I use a RNA marker I can be completely
>sure with the sized bands I identify.I know that to put a rule next to
>the gel, is needed, but  I would like to know with more precision  the
>relation between the size of my band and the marker.
>Is it possible any lineal relation?
>
>              I need an answer as soon as posible!

Generate a standard curve of mobility vs. log bp and use the standard
curve to estimate the size of the fragments separated on the gel.

There is a huge amount of info. about this on the web. Just use a search
engine.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark