Plasmid for tranformation into Bacillus subtilis

R. Jayakumar jakku at mrna.tn.nic.in
Fri Mar 2 12:52:07 EST 2001

hi....
      You can try pBC16. We found it to be quite stable in subtilis too.
You can also try triparental mating using the mobilisable plasmid pAT19/18.
We have managed to efficiently transform B. subtilis with this system, using
pRK2013 as a helper.  pAT19, contains the pAMB1 oriR, to make it replicate
in nearly all gram+ organisms, but misses RK2 oriR but has its oriT for
transfering, and ColE1 origin for replication in E. coli.  You can try out
this system.  Refer to this article to get more information on pAT19 or 18.
     "Shuttle vectors containing a multiple cloning site and a lacZa gene
for conjugal transfer of DNA from E. coli to gram-positive bacteria" Trieu
cuot etal, 1991, Gene 102, 99-104.
     best of luck
jayakumar
R. JAYAKUMAR
CSIR- Senior Research Fellow
Dept. of Molecular Microbiology,
School of Biotechnology,
Madurai Kamaraj University,
Madurai - 625 021.
India
email: jakku at linuxfan.com
tel: +91-452-858471-374
efax: (603)-688-4665
"Life is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who
feel" --Emerson