Immunoprecipitation with Sheep IgG, suggestions?

Graham Dellaire G.Dellaire at
Sat Mar 3 04:56:15 EST 2001

Hello all,

I have been trying immunoprecipitations with sheep IgG.  I have found
that there is a big difference between manufacturers of protein G
agarose with respect to the affinity of the matrix for sheep IgG.

Has anyone had a "good" experience with a particular manufacturers
protein G agarose for binding sheep antibodies?

So far I have tried Pharmacia's and Boehringer/Roche's protein G
agarose.  Roche's was about 100 times better than Pharmacia for binding
sheep IgG.  In fact, Pharmacia's protein-G agarose barely bound my
antibody--lot to lot variation, who knows?

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Graham Dellaire

Graham Dellaire, Ph.D.

MRC Human Genetics Unit