silver stain negative results

Dag Rune Gjellesvik dagrg at online.no
Tue Mar 6 10:52:42 EST 2001

Hi,
It's common that *some* bands (not all) stain negatively, I've only heard
speculations that this may be caused by glycosylation, but I don't know if
this is true.
Different staining methods may give different results - some fast staining
methods give really poor results, while the "overnight" methods (sensitizing
with glutardialdehyde) usually works better.

Dag Rune

lesley lancaster skrev i meldingen
<3.0.5.32.20010305132250.007a4c30 at dons.usfca.edu>...