lambda DNA extraction

R. Jayakumar jakku at mrna.tn.nic.in
Tue Mar 6 11:42:08 EST 2001

hi..
  what protocol do you follow for extracting lambda DNA.  I use the PEG
mediated protocol given in the Promega protocols and application catalogue.
it is very neat and I get very good quantity of digestible DNA.  I always
prepare the lysate as a liquid culture rather than plate lysates, simply
because I can't afford to plate that many plates.
    I use it for my Lambda DASHII library.
cheers
jaku
R. JAYAKUMAR
CSIR- Senior Research Fellow
Dept. of Molecular Microbiology,
School of Biotechnology,
Madurai Kamaraj University,
Madurai - 625 021.
India
email: jakku at linuxfan.com
tel: +91-452-858471-374
efax: (603)-688-4665
"Life is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who
feel" --Emerson