pGEM-T easy vector gives extra band

R. Jayakumar jakku at mrna.tn.nic.in
Tue Mar 6 11:47:04 EST 2001

hi..
   I have these PCR fragment of 200bp in a pGEMT easy vector in JM109
strain.  After digesting it with HindIII/pstI , I get an additional 1 kb
fragment other than my linearised vector and the 200bp insert.   I tried
repeating the DNA extractions several times, and digesting it again.  But I
keep getting this band again and again.  Could it be some rogue transposon
or something. I have not tried fresh ligation with fresh pGEMT again, just
because, we are running very much low on pGEMT and do not have enough money
to buy a new stock.
   please help me out.
jayakumar

R. JAYAKUMAR
CSIR- Senior Research Fellow
Dept. of Molecular Microbiology,
School of Biotechnology,
Madurai Kamaraj University,
Madurai - 625 021.
India
email: jakku at linuxfan.com
tel: +91-452-858471-374
efax: (603)-688-4665
"Life is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who
feel" --Emerson

---