Real Time PCR Controls...

Rick Davis richard..davis at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 6 21:44:34 EST 2001

We're using ABI's 5700 Sequence Detection system for relative gene
expression quantitation in human keratinocytes.. Our ABI guru told us
that 18S Ribosomal RNA is the best endogenous control to use in these
types of measurements. Unfortunately ABI will not disclose the primer
pairs they use in the TaqMan 18S kits that they sell. Is anyone out
there that is doing real time PCR applications using 18S as a control
willing to share their primer pair sequences with me?

Thanks,
Rick