Protein quantification

Henk Veldman H.Veldman-2 at neuro.azu.nl
Wed Mar 7 03:09:45 EST 2001

Morten Lindow schreef:

> "Jill Johnston" <johnstoj at acs.ucalgary.ca> wrote in message
> news:3A9EC6DE.BB952FFF at acs.ucalgary.ca...
> > I need to quantify protein in SDS/DTT sample buffer.  Most of the assays
> > I know of are incompatible with SDS and DTT.  Are there any out there
> > that I could use?
> BioRad has a detergent compatible kit - don't how it like DTT.
>
> Morten

Lowry-type methods are quite indifferent to detergents. Thio-compounds up to
about 50 mM can be neutralized with jodoacetamide.
For details see:  - Hill & Straka; Anal Biochem, 170: 203 - 208 (1988).
Or read the leaflet that accompanies the BioRad DC-Protein Assay.

Henk
--
H. Veldman
Laboratory for Experimental Neurology (NMZ)