Scientific Graphing Programs

David L Haviland David.L.Haviland at uth.tmc.edu
Wed Mar 7 10:04:55 EST 2001

Jeffery Haines wrote:

> Interested in using a scientific graphing program (other than PC version of
> Microsoft Excel 2000) which will perform regressional analysis, plot complex
> data, ANOVA, ANCOVA, etc.  Program should be user-friendly, flexible
> and reasonably priced.  Excel will not allow me to plot complex
> absorption/elution data due to the large number of variables.
>
> Any program suggestions, prices, opinions would be helpful for an
> undergrad biochemistry student.

Jeff:

Simple:  Graph-Pad Prism.   VERY intuitive, I've almost never needed the manual
except to review statistics like t-tests.  Well worth the $$ and from what I've
heard, loads easier than Sigman plot to learn.   Exporting figures as windows
metafiles into grants and papers are a snap.

Hope this helps,
David
==========
David L. Haviland, Ph.D., Asst. Prof. Immunology
University of Texas - Houston, H.S.C.
Institute of Molecular Medicine, R907
2121 W. Holcombe Blvd.,  Houston, TX  77030
713.500.2413-Voice//713.500.2424-FAX
Thot for the Day:
Things could be worse...  Martha Stewart could be your mother-in-law.

---