alkaline phosphatase substrate solution

NJ njuni at poppy.ocn.ne.jp
Wed Mar 7 23:56:43 EST 2001

Substrate/diethanolamine solution should be for alkaline phosphatase
reaction. It is my understanding that PBS should be avoided for alkaline
phosphatases since phosphate inhibits their activity. A commonly-used
alternative to diethanolamine for this purpose is Tris (pH9.5), e.g.100 mM
NaCl/ 5 mM MgCl2/ 100 mM Tris (pH 9.5). PSB is ok for other enzymes such as
peroxidase.
--
NJ

in article 3AA6D3B3.F49686B6 at bvu.edu, Andy Puttmann at puttand at bvu.edu wrote