Invitrogen Gateway vs. Echo cloning systems

Jim Lambert jim.lambert at uchsc.edu
Thu Mar 8 17:00:14 EST 2001

We are considering setting up either the Invitrogen Gateway or Echo cloning
system and were wondering if anyone has any experience, either good or bad,
with these systems.  We are mainly interested in whether they work well
first of all and then their ease of use.  We are having a hard time
determining why Invitrogen offers both of these similar systems other than
they aquired the Gateway technology with the Gibco merger.

Thanks for any help.

Jim Lambert, Ph.D.
Dept of Pathology
Univ. Colorado Health Sci. Ctr.