th-system: interaction strength expression level dependent?

Frederik Börnke ricky_boernke at gmx.net
Fri Mar 9 03:05:29 EST 2001

Dear all,

my protein of interest interacts with a target protein in an
isoform-specific manor, as determined by quantitative b-gal assays.
Binding of one of the isoforms is rather strong, another binds not
at all and some more are intermediate. When I tried to publish that
the reviewer wanted me to assure equal level of expression of all
isoforms by western-blotting. I agree that I should check expression
of the isoform which does not interact at all, but anyway, is
interaction strength of two-hybrid proteins linked to expression
level of one of the proteins? In particular, I am using truncated
versions of the adh promoter, making western detection of hybrid
proteins a bit difficult since expression is supposed to be below
the detection level.
Any input appreciated.

Ricky

Frederik Boernke