Bradford Protein Assay

Jeffery Haines jhaines at uoguelph.ca
Sat Mar 10 21:58:18 EST 2001

Three questions:

1.  Is the Bradford protein assay specific in determining correct protein
content when the experimental solution contains many glycoproteins? (in
comparison to the bovine serum albumin standard?) ie. could there be less
dye binding, therefore incorrect protein determination due to
glycosylated proteins?

2.  What is the difference between Coomassie Brilliant Blue G-250 and
Coomassie Brilliant Blue R-250?

3.  Currently I a accessing this board through a basic TELNET system...
which can be extremely frustrating... is there any way to hook it up to
the netscape newsgroup program?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Sorry for the bombardment of
protein biochemistry questions!

 Dima if you're reading thanks for all of the help you have given me thus far!
 -- you're truly an asset to the board.

Regards to all!
Jeff
Undergrad Hounours Biochemistry Major