What internal standard for Q-PCR?

Dr. Duncan Clark d_clark at nospam.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 11:31:01 EST 2001

In article <3AAB3E55.8050505 at hotmail.com>, the eminent rocky ho at The
Chinese University of Hong Kong wrote
>What is the most appropriate internal standard (e.g. G6PDH etc.) for RT-PCR
>reaction . And the corresponding primer pairs and probe sequences?

There is no generic internal control. You will probably have to determine
experimentally what is best for your RNA source.

>And any other newsgroup discuss about Q-PCR?

There is a 7700 listserv as snipped out below.

Duncan

Welcome to the 7700taqman list-server. the purpose of the 7700taqman list
server is to provide a forum to discuss real time taqman technology. The
list is open to anybody. The more individuals subscribed to the list the
better it will serve the subscribers needs. The forum of discussion should
be whatever the subscribers want to discuss pertaining to taqman technology.

one administrative point:
If you change your email address-ie, change jobs, new server etc, or even
get married and change your name (if you are a woman)-please unsubscribe to
the list server. I have the list server set up so I get all the error
messages-that way I know when there are problems with the list server.
however, I get undelivered mail also, so it can really clutter up my email
box.

to unsubscribe to the list:
send an email to:
lists at nwu.edu

in the body of the message type:
unsubscribe 7700taqman

If you change your email address and delete yourself from the 7700taqman
list and then want to resubscribe to the list when you get a new email
address (this also works for anybody who wants to subscribe to the list
because the list is an open subscription-you do not have to ask to be put
on the list-you can put yourself on the list).

send an email to:
lists at nwu.edu

in the body of the message type:
subscribe 7700taqman your first name your last name

If you have friends who want to subscribe-have them subscribe as above. If
you put a request on the 7700taqman list-server-then everybody gets the
message. It is better to keep the administrative procedures off the
list-server. Alternatively individuals who want to subscribe to the list
can send an email to me and I will do it for them. Send the email to:

kunstman at nwu.edu

A couple of pointers:
once you have subscribed and have been placed on the list, send your email
for the 7700taqman list to:

7700taqman at listserv.acns.nwu.edu

Your email goes to everyone subscribed to the list.

directions for using the list can be found on the world wide web at:
http://www.tss.nwu.edu/conferencing/

to review who is on the list, and the parameters the list is using send an
email to:

lists at nwu.edu

in the body of the message type:

review 7700taqman

For subscribers, there is an acrchive available for the list. This may
prove useful, as it will give you a history of the emails previously sent
to the list-server. This may help you maintain continuity on some of the
topics that are presently being discussed (if you are a new subscriber).

You can access the archives by sending the message to:

lists at nwu.edu

in the body of the message type:

index 7700taqman

This will get you a list of files that contain the emails. It looks like
the emails are archived monthly. Once you get the name of the files, you
can retrieve the files containing the emails you are interested in  by
sending an email to:

lists at nwu.edu

in the body of the message type:

get 7700taqman filename (an example of the filename would be
7700tagman.log9712 for dec emails)

for example, to get the december emails-the ones that you might be
interested in:

lists at nwu.edu

get 7700taqman 7700taqman.log9712

Hopefully, the list server will provide a useful service to its subscribers.

Kevin Kunstman

I can be contacted in the following manner:

email   kunstman at nwu.edu
phone 312 908-2538
Kevin Kunstman
Manager Retrovirology Laboratories