gibco restriction enzymes buffer compatibility chart?

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Mon Mar 12 20:33:00 EST 2001

Don,
in my experience, there were no problems in interchanging buffers
and enzymes from NEB and Roche. For multiple digets, I normally use
the buffer system that resembles to me the most convenient.

As long as you don't use high concentrations of RE (when the
components of the RE storage buffer may significantly contribute to
the composition of the digestion mix), you shouldn't experience
problems.

Wolfgang

> From:          "Don Walthers" <genejcky at yahoo.com>
> Subject:       gibco restriction enzymes buffer compatibility chart?
> Date:          Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:08:37 -0800
> To:            methods at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk

> Hello,
> Is there a datasheet that shows the activity of each Gibco enzyme in the
> different React buffers similar to what NEB has? Or do they not not
> recommened double digests with enzymes that require different buffers? I
> figure I'd ask here before spending even more time on hold with tech
> support. I did not see anything on their web site.
> Thanks,
> --
> Don Walthers, PhD genejcky at yahoo.com
> Dept of Molecular Microbiology
> Oregon Health Sciences University
> Portland OR
> Our gene pool needs a little chlorine.

-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Lab N233 (c/o Dr. Steve Roffler)
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica
Yen-Chio Yuan Rd. Sec.2
Taipei 115
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel +886-2-2798-9152
Fax +886-2-2782-9142
Mobile +886-925-136893
wolfsc at REMOVETHESEANTISPAMCAPITALSibms.sinica.edu.tw
-----

---