how to get rid of rubisco

Ralf Weigel rweigel at gwdg.de
Tue Mar 13 10:54:58 EST 2001

Dear colleagues,

the protein of our our interest is only slightly larger than rubisco. In

our western blots with cytoplasmic protein extracts the signal of  our
protein of interest is sometimes overlaid by (the highly abundant)
rubisco, a problem which is not observed with nuclear extracts. Is there

a quick and simple way to get rid of rubisco in cytoplasmic extracts ?
Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

    Ralf
--

Ralf R. Weigel

Albrecht von Haller Institute of Plant Sciences
General and Developmental Plant Physiology
Untere Karspuele 2
37073 Goettingen
Germany

Tel.:  0551/3919664