Polyethylenamine and Ni-NTA/anion exchange

Jonathan Kurtis, MD/PhD Jonathan_Kurtis at Brown.edu
Wed Mar 14 11:25:40 EST 2001

As part of a purification protocol, I have been precipitating nucleic
acids from recombinant E.coli lysates with polyethylenamine. (Add
polyethylenamine to 0.5%, incubate on ice for 20 min, spin 20,000 x g for
20 min and collect sup).

This purification protocol has not worked, so I would like to try a more
traditional purification method such as Ni-NTA and/or anion exchange
chromatography.

Any opinions as to whether this polyethylenamine treatment will affect
either type of chromatography??

thanks,
jake