Please share experiences of using DEPC reated water?

Errol E.S.Kwan at massey.ac.nz
Wed Mar 14 17:16:26 EST 2001


>Although DEPC is considered to be unstable in water solution it does 
>persist at low levels. I DEPC-treated one of my stocks of BLOTTO years 
>ago, immediately after placed it at 65C for considerable time to try to 
>break down the DEPC, and the solution still has that sweet DEPC smell 
>when you take off the cap and sniff it. 

Is it normal practise for you to sniff toxic chemicals?  If you read
the warnings is says to work in a fume hood and wear an approved
respirator (among other things), so don't you think that you shouldn't
be sniffing this stuff?




More information about the Methods mailing list