Alternate source of DEAE membrane?

Thu Mar 15 09:42:36 EST 2001

hroychow at nmsu.edu ("Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury") wrote:
:
:Thanx Dima. Indeed we have a bunch of that in the lab and an undergrad
:wondered why we couldn't use it while the NA45 was unavailable.

You have good undergrads...

:I thought
:it would fall apart while doing the electrophoresis. After the
:electrophoresis it surely wouldn't matter since the cellulose may be simply
:spun down. I am going to ask her to try it now.
:
:Did u use the DE81 straight, or did u activate it further by a NaOH wash?

Straight. I don't think ionic form of the ion exchanger
matters in this case.

        - Dima