SS-specific RNAse

M. Hertel hippocampus at NoSpam.gmx.ch
Fri Mar 16 02:02:31 EST 2001

Hello Deborah,
RNase T1 and A do only digest single strand RNA (at least this is true for RNA
hybridized with an artificial RNA probe and I couldn t imagine that there is any
difference to viral double strand RNA,) We extensively use RNase T1 from Roche and
Rnase A from Sigma to digest single strand overhangs on RNA-RNA-probe hybrids
during RNAse protection assay

Moritz