TALP problem

Malay curiouser at ccmb.ap.nic.in
Fri Mar 16 05:30:13 EST 2001

Hi Netters:

All the reproductive biologist there. I am a rookie in the field and
dirtying my hands for the first time in in-vitro capacitation using modified
Tyrode's medium(TALP).

Here is the problem:

TALP that I make is good for the sperms for only first few days and fails to
do so after that. I doubt the pH because it increases over time. I've
changed the Na-bicarbonate to a fresh stock but with not much improvement.
Which reagent in the TALP to be doubted to have gone bad? I am having this
problem for the first time and so it is in the lab. How do you store TALP?
Has anyone faced the same problem?

Thanks everyone in advance.

Malay Kumar Basu
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
Hyderabad 500007
I N D I A

Fax: (00-91)40-7171195
Phone: (00-91)40-7172241