Dialysis speed

Ole Hartvig Mortensen ohm at NOSPAMnerd.dk
Fri Mar 16 06:25:58 EST 2001

> :Here is the question:
> :Would the dialysis speed of 7M Urea into pure water be slower than, equal
> :or faster than into a 20X SSC solution?
>
> OK, I think it is simple. Higher than water viscosity of SSC
> will make dialysis against SSC slower.

Dialysis of UREA against something that has a higher salt concentration than
water would
as far as I know be slower (if the dialysis gradient is dependent on salt
concentrations of
other salts besides UREA - this might not be the case, anyone knows ?)