outlook express users please configure your mailer properly
rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 19:37:01 EST 2001
Could outlook express users pleas configure their mailer properly.
If you follow the instructions below your future emails be internet
compliant and not only will your phone bill be lower but you won't get any
complaints from people receiving your emails.
1. Load Outlook Express
2. Click on the 'Tools' option on the menu bar and select 'Options...'
This will open the options control window.
3. Click on the 'Send' tag at the top.
4. Under the "Mail sending format", ensure that the 'Plain Text' option is
ticked, by clicking on it if needed.
5. Click on the 'Settings' box to the right of this option.
6. Ensure that the option "Encode text using" box is set to 'None' and
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for the "News sending format".
8. Ensure that the 'Include message in reply' option is turned OFF - ie.
no tick - by clicking on it if required.
9. Click 'OK' to activate your new settings.
Outlook Express should now be setup correctly.
Bob; Sunny Scotland
Robert Hartley, Centre for Cell Engineering,University of Glasgow,
Glasgow G12 8QQ Tel:++44(0)141 330 4756
Fax:++44 (0)141 330 3730 mailto:rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Web : http://www.gla.ac.uk/Inter/CellEngineering
More information about the Methods