cDNA-libraries from small amounts of plant tissue - help

Dr. Klaus Eimert eimert at
Mon Mar 19 06:11:23 EST 2001

Dear Netters,

as the subject states - we are interested in constructing libraries from
very small amounts of (limited) plant tissue.
We would like to ask for your personal experience in this area, like:
Should we go for total RNA instead of polyA, because of the limited source?
What are your preferred protocols for isolation (yield vs. quality; kits
vs. homegrown; etc)? To go for seperate 1st strand synthesis or for all-in-
one-tube? What is your good/bad experience with certain protocols and/or
Any help or pointers to sources are very much appreciated! I could post the
collected answers (hopefully alot of them) to the group if people are
Thank you very much in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Klaus Eimert

Dr. Klaus Eimert
Dept. of Botany
State Research Institute Geisenheim             Phone:    + 49 6722 502 469
Von-Lade-Str. 1                                 Fax:      + 49 6722 502 460
D-65366 Geisenheim                              E-Mail:   eimert at
Germany                 URL: