sequencing from a gel cut-band?

Bodychecker megacheck at nikocity.de
Tue Mar 20 17:17:45 EST 2001

Hi,

is there anything against purifying DNA from this band with a kit (like
Qiaqick gel extraction kit from Qiagen). We have cut, extracted and
perfectly sequenced hundreds of bands this way. It does not matter if the
band is 100 bp or 1-2 kb. If you generate fragments by PCR, do a final
extension step (10 min 72°C). This should fill incomplete double strands.

Best
Bodychecker
news:998b2g$2v6$1 at fe2.cs.interbusiness.it...